Friday, October 24, 2008

Technologic

In today society who are we to be without technology, in the 21st Century we have computers doing everything for us from waking us up in the morning to to just the most difficult task of keeping us alive. We as human relay on computers to do everything for us but as a college kid it is even more depended on. Instead of just walking about 5 minutes to the library to look for a book I would need, I would rather Google the book and hope they can gave me a brief summary on the book, missing out on a lot of details the book would of gave me. Instead of going to my professors i can just email them whats going on with me and hope and pray they receive the emails. The campus I go to school on a completely wireless campus so that mean I can walk around anywhere on the campus grounds and always have Internet. Each and everyone one of the class have a projector and the projector is hooked up to a computer that has a VCR/DVD player hooked up to it. So their is never an excuse for not being able to show your audience exactly what you are talking about, They even provide each student with a laptop so there is not an excuse of why the wok couldn't get done.
I absolutely love technology because I feel that this is what is going to help develop the world. Just being caught without a debit card is like a sin. I want to go into the major of Telecommunications and Networking so for me to write that i hate technology would be stupid because if I did then I wouldn't have a job or at least get job in the focus I am studying on. I believe if the technology business was to crash that we all would be out of jobs and lost because humans can not go back to stone ages where we will be using block stones and a chisel to write notes or other information. Some people are born knowing how to type on a computer better than they can write on a piece of paper with a pen or pencil.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sometimes think that with the sudden hoard of technological enhancements that it actually doesn't bring people together but actually brings people apart. Now instead of talking to your friend face to face someone would rather go on AIM and im your friend. There's even a feature on facebook to wish your friends happy birthdays, we have come to a day and age where people don't even tell people happy birthday in real life anymore. I honestly believe technology doesn't bring us closer but actually brings us apart.

- Hush Puppy

Anonymous said...

Technology is good as long as it doesn't replace human communications...


A.P.