Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Resident Life

I was one of that late ones, I waited until last minute to ask for a job. I applied every where, from Footlocker to the fitness center on my school campus. No one was hiring so i decided to ask my roommate and my close friend "Mama Dee" if they would be able to get me job. I asked them this because "Mama Dee" works inn Resident Life and my roommate works in the campus library. I asked my roommate first and he said there was no one there at the time that tell him if they are hiring or not. I been going without a job for about 2 months now, so it wasn't hard for me to wait a little longer. Mama Dee put in the word for me at her job, the very same day she called telling me that they are hiring but I need to go sign my federal work study agreement. Without thinking to much into it I ran down to the financial aid department to sign the agreement, but of course being A college you are never done filling out paper work so they told me I can not sign the paper because I haven't fill out the paper work stating how much money my father makes a year. It was a Friday so I had to wait til Monday before I can submit it. Monday came and I submitted the paper then they told me I still need to prove that my father lives with me so I had to troop all the way back to Brooklyn to get him to make a copy of his driver license and a copy of a piece of federal mail and he also had to submit a letter stating that he lives there. Finally I submitted this paper and they allowed me to sign my federal work study agreement. I finally had a job on campus. I finally had a job where I can roll of my bed at 8:25 brush my teeth walk next door and I'm there. THANK YOU "MAMA DEE"

No comments: