Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The trains always go my way.



The Subway is one of the most significant places to me, don't get me wrong I have my license and have a car that I can drive but the subway gets me every time. It is one of the many places where a rich white man, a middle class black man and a dirty poor Asian can sit next to each other without any problems (vice versa for any race of the persons). You can get on at Chinatown with other Chinese persons and as the train passes through the tunnel you can see how the diversity changed going from mostly Asian to Brooklyn my neighborhood which is mostly black people then on Coney Island where there are mostly Italians. All this happens on one train alone the Q train. Now imagine what the other trains can do, the difference race they can see. The say New York City is diverse alone, but what do we mean by diverse? They mean it as we all live in our own areas dominating our own Boroughs, but on the train no one race can have majority of it because we all have to ride it.

24 trains, 4 boroughs, 1 N.Y.C

No comments: